- Masjid Al Aqsa was the second Masjid on earth
- It was built 40 years after the Ka'ba in Makkah
- Most scholars are of the opinion that Masjid Al Aqsa was first built by Prophet Adam.
- Ibrahim (as) rebuilt the Masjid Al Aqsa in Jerusalem as he and Ismail rebuilt the Ka'ba in Makkah.
- Prophet Daud (as) began the rebuilding of Masjid Al Aqsa.
- It was Prophet Sulayman (as) who finally completed the building of Masjid Al Aqsa.
- Masjid Al Aqsa built by Sulayman (as) was destroyed in 587 BC by Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon.
- The Jews call this same Masjid Al Aqsa built by Sulayman as their Temple.
- The Jews re-built their Temple on them same site in 167 BC but was destroyed in 70 AD and Jews banished from Jerusalem.
- The site of Masjid Al Aqsa remained barren and was used as a rubbish tip for nearly 600 years until the Great Khalifah Umar bin Khattab liberated Jerusalem in 637/8 AD.
- The Khalifah Umar bin Khattab began the foundation of Masjid Al Aqsa and a timber mosque was built.
- The Umayyad Khalifah, Abd' al Malik ibn Marwan in 691/2 [72/73 AH] began the construction of, Dome of the Rock - today this is the Golden Domed Mosque.
- The al Buraq wall or Western Wall where Prophet Muhammad tied his animal the Buraq on the night journey of al Isra is what the Jews call the wailing wall.
- To Muslims it is the land or the Haram Sharif area which is most holy and important.
- The Haram area of Al Aqsa has within it the Masjid Al Aqsa [Black Domed Mosque] and Dome of the Rock [the Golden Domed Mosque].
- Israel occupied Masjid Al Aqsa in 1967.
- That, the fundamentalist Jews have made 100's of attempts to destroy Al Aqsa since 1967 when they occupied it. A fire in 1967 started by their help destroyed the 900 year old Mimbar installed by Slaudeen Ayub, the Great Muslim Hero.
- That, the fundamentalist want to blow up and destroy Masjidul Al Aqsa and replace it with a Jewish Temple.
15 Top Mosques By Capacity
Top 3 Holiest Mosques